Wednesday, September 28, 2005

And the winners are...

Great work, kids, on last Thursday's word-teasers. I judge the winners of copies of Found magazine to be: Beche-la-mer, Superholmie, Jen the college student, Tapper and Oubliette. With a special extra Found going to Hillary for her uses of "Fetch! Tubular! Zang! (G)narly! Chaching!" Very original. Made me laugh. Email your addresses to me at ThePhantomProf@aol.com and I'll get those magazines in the mail.

Your Word Nerd stuff this week will be posted a little later on Thursday. I was a guest lecturer this afternoon, delivering my in-depth deconstruction of the film Chinatown, and I'm pure-dee exhausted. The heat in Dallas today was thermonuclear. Storm tonight may have brought in a cool front. Hope so. Show up late Thursday for a little fun with "who" and "whom."

And I do have another college story in the works. Just a lot of distractions have delayed my bloggery this week, including a bonza new episode of America's Next Top Model. What? You thought I just watched PBS?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I am participating in this wonderful online writing class, but could someone PLEASE write some good college story stuff… I would be more than happy to contribute; however, I was on the other side. You know, out of the loop because all I did was work and study (and had a little fun). I find it fascinating to read about all the things I had no clue were happening. Pretty please with a cherry on top?

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Prof - I e-mailed from your link, but it bounced back. I'll give it another shot, but if you don't get my address, could you e-mail me at cindy.wood@insightbb.com so I can reply?

Thanks,
Tapper

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, I knew my early 90s surfer slang would make someone laugh :-)
Surfers don't know how to spell gnarly, naturally...

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pp,
what happened on ANTM? i missed it, just wanted to know who was kicked off...
also, if you want to talk about heat check out LA (in the valley)...
it was over 100 today, and with the chatsworth fire and everything (at around 4pm, i was still in school) was crazy and the air was full of smoke and leaves blowing around -- could barely breath, luckily i didn't need to walk home...it was insane...i already have 2 friend whose homes have been evacuated, with one having the fire less then 1/2 mile from her house. CRAZY!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home