Word Nerd Brain-Teaser No. 5
Answers from last week:
1. Candice Bergen now does commercials for The Dallas Morning News.
2. She graduated from Texas Woman's University and Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
3. The scientists at the Centers for Disease Control warn of a possible epidemic.
4. The dinosaur's bones were displayed at the Smithsonian Institution.
5. For decades, the most famous athlete in the world was Muhammad Ali.
Did you get all 10 mistakes?
Here's this week's word-teaser, a little something I like to call "Comma, Comma Down, Dooby Doo, Down, Down." Put commas where they belong (do NOT use the serial comma in a list of three or more things). And you don't need to post answers. This is self-study. Answers will be posted next week. OK, go to it.
1. Well is this your final day at work?
2. After the doctor reset it her broken arm mended perfectly.
3. The wedding gifts included a clock a popcorn popper a plasma TV and seven toasters.
4. "If you reheat that awful meatloaf one more time I'm getting a divorce" Tammy said to David her third husband.
5. John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22 1963 in Dallas Texas.