Thursday, July 28, 2005

A nibble from People but that's about it

This week's adventure in criticism takes me to a Latino comedy show and a production of Cabaret. Read my reviews of both in the Dallas Observer

Got an interview request via email from a freelancer for People magazine. They're doing a story about bloggers fired from their jobs. If anything, I'll end up in the sidebar. But since their last question to me was, "How old are you?" I figure I'll get cut from the whole round-up because I "skew too old" for their readers. Look for the center of that little bit of frippery to be the young bimbette fired last week by Ladies Home Journal for blogging about all the freebies her editors suck up on the job. Shoot, I could have written that stuff 20-odd years ago when I was slaving for Good Housekeeping. The beauty editor used to get stacks of pretty gift boxes from Tiffany and Hermes filled with crystal this and silk that, all sent by cosmetics companies vying for editorial mentions in the magazine. What a racket.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
www.clickjogosclick.com

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home