Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Purge of Profs

If you've never heard of David Horowitz, now's the time to get to know him. He's on a crusade to purge colleges of "liberal" academicians. Here's the NPR story on his latest book. Listen, shake your head and weep quietly into your oatmeal.

And here's HuffPo writer Max Blumenthal noting the similarities between Horowitz's views and those of the leader of Iran.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me so depressed at the state America's in that I fantasize about living in a one-room haybale house in the wilds of West Texas, with no phone, TV, computer or other source of dispiriting news. To amuse myself, I would knit amusing hatwear and paint pictures of tumbleweeds.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mike M. said...

The American Taliban rides again. I'd also be currious to hear if the "little univeristy up the road" as you call it had any faculty members make the honor role. I don't give any money to good old SMU, but if they had a few radical profs make the top 101, I might reconsider.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stopped watching actual news and just watching the Daily Show and Conan O'Brien, it's a lot better. There is a news parody show in Australia that serves well for local news (they keep getting into trouble on it - check YouTube for "The Chaser".)

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that fantasy at least once a day.

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick any place but Texas for your little balehouse. I share the fantasy, but anywhere else. Why worry about the Afghanistan Taliban when there is an American homegrown version?

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you should consider your sources here and try to find something a bit more neutral than NPR or the Huffington Post.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home