Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back to school!

Yes, summer is over (if you consider Labor Day the end of it). We're at a temperate 74 degrees here in Dallas today, so my mental faculties are functioning full-blast and I'm ready to rumble.

Most celebrity journalism is a big lick and a kiss. Read Vanity Fair, People or The NYT and you'll rarely encounter a really honest take on what a Big Star is like. Blame it on the PR goons, who make publications quake in fear that an in-depth expose will result in a big fat lawsuit (or lack of access to other Really Big Stars). Which makes this little ditty from the autobiography of actor Rupert Everett even more enjoyable. Imagine, Sharon Stone nutty. Who knew?

My second fave item of the day is this from the HuffPo. NOW we understand everything about Mr. Rove, don't we? Speaking of which, his kid was espied touring my Alma Mater up the road here last year. Anyone know if he's a matriculating first-year now? If you don't recognize him, look for older buff guys whispering into their collars. (I'm not recommending stalking the kid, or anything that would get us on the no-fly list. Just wondering, what with the Bush Library about to swallow up my entire end of town.)

Did you watch The View today? Was Babs seething at Rosie's lack of restraint? Was Joy teed that Rosie got the laughs? Was Elizabeth just worried that Rosie would jump over the table and sit on her?

I have one week to ramp up the notes and lectures for my course on Film Noir. I only had all summer to work on it. But you know how it goes.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Was Babs seething at Rosie's lack of restraint? Was Joy teed that Rosie got the laughs? Was Elizabeth just worried that Rosie would jump over the table and sit on her?"

These questions, and many others will be answered in the next episode of Soap.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought they all did really well. Elizabeth needs more to talk about than potty training. I was disappointed in Katie though, kind of boring. And I still haven't figured out Meredith....With Matt?...on Today? Maybe I will save them for a sick day and not just Tivo. Either way, the new season is a good thing!

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home