Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Critics Camp Diary: The Finale

It's finally over! Read about the two best days of camp here on the Observer's Unfair Park site.

Those last two days almost made up for the previous 12--but not quite. I did learn a valuable lesson: I will never, ever again be intimidated by the "New York critics."

We're all the same brand of slob--too homely to be actors, but too in love with theater not to keep falling in love with the art of acting over and over again.

I know I did.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike M. said...

"Very Dorothy Parker." Now that's a compliment!!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How you made it as far as you did is beyond me. Your writing is captivating, as I could feel myself sweating and being bitten by insects. The bubble bath seemed to me to wash away all the bullshit that had accumulated on you, kind of like how walking through a wet clay field keeps adding layers to your boots until they weigh about twenty pounds each.

You bailed just in time, before the accumulation was so overwhelming you just stumble and fall drowning in the pile of shit surrounding you.

Go Prof, go.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reviewing without a license. Probably a felony in Connecticut. Many laughs in this series. Thanks.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home