Sunday, May 29, 2005

Today in the Houston Chronicle

More ink. Nice story overall. But contrary to what's printed, I finished my master's degree. Night classes for three long years. Almost everything I earned as an adjunct I paid back to the school for tuition (no discount or breaks for part-time employees). That's a minor quibble. And gosh, did the reporter have to print my age?

As for that line about my position being replaced by a full-time hire... why didn't they just hire me? That's what I was led to believe year after year. "Next year... we're working on it." I hear that my course numbers have been assigned to one of the older lecturers who is a full-time employee. And her course numbers -- same writing course, mind you -- have been shifted onto another adjunct lecturer. It's an academic shell game.

Hey, I'm getting great emails from new readers in Houston and Austin today. Keep 'em coming! I'm on deadline for my Dallas Observer column (I filed a review for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram last night), but all diversions are welcome.

Signed with a top agent last week. It's all good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice post....great help..keep the good work going..
avoide plagiarism

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home