Sunday, May 29, 2005

Today in the Houston Chronicle

More ink. Nice story overall. But contrary to what's printed, I finished my master's degree. Night classes for three long years. Almost everything I earned as an adjunct I paid back to the school for tuition (no discount or breaks for part-time employees). That's a minor quibble. And gosh, did the reporter have to print my age?

As for that line about my position being replaced by a full-time hire... why didn't they just hire me? That's what I was led to believe year after year. "Next year... we're working on it." I hear that my course numbers have been assigned to one of the older lecturers who is a full-time employee. And her course numbers -- same writing course, mind you -- have been shifted onto another adjunct lecturer. It's an academic shell game.

Hey, I'm getting great emails from new readers in Houston and Austin today. Keep 'em coming! I'm on deadline for my Dallas Observer column (I filed a review for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram last night), but all diversions are welcome.

Signed with a top agent last week. It's all good.

4 Comments:

Blogger dfadf said...

The Tax Return Crack-Up<2>
I was not shocked because this was old news -- practically ancient, in fact. In R. Microsoft Office Emmett Tyrrell, Office 2010 Jr.'s most recent book The Clinton Microsoft Office 2010 Crack-
Up, page fiv Office 2007 e, paragraph two, we learn that in Bill Clinton's "first four years out of the White H Microsoft Office 2007 ouse, he ea Office 2010 key rned over Office 2010 download $43 million Office 2010 Professional after
expenses... Microsoft outlook "
The next Outlook 2010 page directs Windows 7 us to Appendix Microsoft outlook 2010 I, a list of the conniving couple's fees for speeches and book royalties and other income. The first

1:27 AM  
Blogger Edward Dowdell said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Linda Roverson said...

Nice post....great help..keep the good work going..
avoide plagiarism

10:21 AM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

cartier watches
kate spade handbags
abercrombie
ray ban sunglasses outlet
louis vuitton outlet
retro jordans
ray ban sunglasses
kevin durant shoes 8
supra shoes
marc jacobs
michael kors handbags
polo ralph shirts
true religion shorts
nike trainers
ghd flat iron
christian louboutin outlet
tory burch handbags
coach outlet
christian louboutin outlet
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
burberry outlet
louis vuitton handbags
adidas nmd
supra sneakers
adidas shoes
ray bans
rolex watches outlet
kobe 11
oakley outlet
pandora jewelry
cheap jordans
tiffany outlet
lebron james shoes 13
polo ralph lauren
kobe bryant shoes
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet online
adidas yeezy 350
2016.7.7haungqin

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home