What killed Jake Stiles? The news isn't good
The DMN has the results of the toxicology tests on sophomore Jake Stiles, 20, who was found dead in his frat house bed on campus here a couple of weekends ago.
If you can't get past the paper's "register log-in" to read online, here's the basic rundown: a mixture of alcohol, cocaine and a pricy "synthetic opiate" called fentanyl that is ingested via loaded lozenges meant for cancer patients.
"This form of the powerful synthetic opiate is designed to help manage pain of cancer patients who have trouble swallowing. But to abusers, the products are known as 'perc-o-pops' or 'lollipops,' and because of their potency they can plunge users into a stupor. Mix it with other drugs and the combination can be lethal, experts say."
Live fast, die young and leave your parents wondering what happened to you at the fancy frat at the fancy college in Dallas....