Friday, September 29, 2006

Dumbth (with a dose of gay)

Dig these emails from Congressman Mark Foley (R-Fla), who resigned today over some pretty icky messages he sent to a male 16-year-old former Congressional page. I could go on and on about another hypocritical closet-case Republican jerk-off getting what he deserves, but here's what struck me most about the emails Mr. Foley sent: He doesn't know how correctly to use "your" and "you're," and "it's" and "its." And notice his misspelling of "weird."

It's one of those words that flouts the "I before E, except after C" rule. Here's another rule the Congressman should have heeded: "Secretly ho before mo, from office you'll go."

In another nauseating twist, Foley was co-chair of the Congressional caucus on missing and exploited children. In emails not revealed in the link (but shown on ABC News, which broke the story), Foley IMs the teen sexually explicit comments, including asking the boy to "strip down and get comfortable" and if he's getting horny. All together now: Ewwwww.

Ah, just found a link to the most egregious of the IMs. Enjoy!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He doesn't know how correctly to use "your" and "you're," and "it's" and "its." And notice his misspelling of "weird."

Now, now....The above sentence is actually TOO correct. It sounds weird ("ei") to say "He doesn't know how correctly to use..." How correctly? As in maybe completely correctly? Or just partly correctly. No, no, go ahead and split the infinitive. "He doesn't know how to correctly use..." Much more understandable.

Phantom professor--I like your blog. I'm another "ghost" at a certain local institution of higher learning, and I thank you for so accurately describing what that's like.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Mike M. said...

Couldn't happen to a nicer political party.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew! Why do you even want to READ their message? Gosh! Phantom! EW!! Yah, i think I got the message. He sent sexual messages to a teen. That's all we need to know!

Okay, as a 17 year old I will tell you talking to someone like that online doesn't bother me. I mean, I recieved messages from someone like that I wouldn't mind if we've been chatting for a while and I enjoyed talking to them. That 16 year old boy probably LIKED it. Just kinda interesting... if an old Congress guy had any interest in IMing me, even if it was for his sexual pleasure, I'd be asking him a heck of a lot of questions and taking notes. How often will I get to talk to a Congress man on a personal level?!

11:13 PM  
Blogger RHodnett said...

...here's what struck me most about the emails Mr. Foley sent: He doesn't know how correctly to use "your" and "you're," and "it's" and "its." And notice his misspelling of "weird."

Well, what did you expect? This is probably the only time in his Congressional career that Foley actually wrote something himself instead of staffing it out.

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's your Elliot Spitzer column, jerkoff?

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home