Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Ringing endorsement

From the White House's own transcript of an interview of Dubya by a German reporter:

Bush: And if I'm going to be ringing my hands and if I'm all worried about the decisions I make are not going to lead to a better tomorrow, they'll figure it out.

Try diagramming that sentence.

And it should be "wringing."

I'm reading your entries from Sunday's mistake-fixing contest. Back later today to announce the winner.

Meanwhile, here's my latest column for Mediavillage.

And for the Dallas Observer.

I've been a writing machine lately. Call me Smith Corona.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The word "about" should be changed to the word "that." Then it's completely grammatical (once the spelling error is corrected). I'm sure your tongue has never once slipped. I'm sure you've never stood in front of a classroom and said one word when you meant another.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, you can't blame Dubya for the transcription of "wringing." Iraq's a different matter.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Cate said...

Will you also look at the entries for the copy artist contest?

Thanks.

3:46 PM  
Blogger writer said...

You know? I'm pretty grammatically correct, even when I'm talking. For nine months I had a daily radio show and you teach yourself to edit as you speak and to self-correct when you make slips. Mr. Bush is one of worst public speakers in White House history. He speaks English like it's his third language.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that qualifies you to run the free world then. That's certainly a lot easier than holding onto a part-time teaching job, which you failed to do.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home