Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tommy Lee: Cracking at College

Love Tommy Lee Goes to College, airing this week on NBC. The rock drummer audits classes at University of Nebraska-Lincoln, lives in a dorm room (redecorated with flatscreen TV, full bar and cappuccino machine) and tries out for the drumline in the marching band. "Tell us a little something about yourself," says the stern band director. Answers Lee, "Uh, I sold 40 million records."

Lee also observes his real college classmates cheating on tests and getting fall-down drunk at 1 in the afternoon.

For more, read my pal Bruce Miller's interview with Lee in the Sioux City Journal.

4 Comments:

Blogger A. G. Rud said...

I liked it too...

http://moodeuce.blogspot.com/2005/08/long-hallways-to-chancellors-office.html

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone with an MA in philosophy from UNL, and a PhD in progress -- I was a strange combination of curious and mortified at the thought of Tommy Lee at school at UNL... but, so far it is ok -- the profs don't seem to be letting him slide because he's a star. They also made the campus look pretty good --

One of my pals told me that Tommy wanted to take a philosophy class, but the department wouldn't let him. Personally, I'd have loved to see it --

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, is this self-serving celebrity reality show malarky going to ever end? I'm so sorry that I wasted even a few of the finite number of thoughts I will have in this life time considering this idiodic television show.

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least someone is addressing the rampant cheating out there.....

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home