Monday, February 06, 2006

Random acts

If you think being an adjunct is a stinky job, check out this blog, New York Hack. Today the driver shares the story of Billy, the randomly urinating driver. Ewwww.

And on a lighter note, as Katie says to Matt on The Today Show, here's a snatch of something I overheard at Starbucks a few hours ago:

Chubby Man, around 40, in business suit, turns to Balding/Bearded Man behind him in line and says: "Have you heard this Barbra Streisand CD? [He holds up the CD from the rack on the counter.] It's fantastic. She's singing with one of the brothers Gibb. If you want it, I'd buy it for you just so you can hear it."

Balding/Bearded Man: "I've never heard it."

Chubby Man: "Oh, you have to hear it."

Barista at register: "It really is pretty good."

Chubby Man: "I'm going to buy it for you."

Balding/Bearded: "If you want me to have it, I won't say no."

The purchase is made. Chubby Man hands Streisand/Gibb CD to Balding/Bearded, picks up his coffee order and heads out the door. Balding/Bearded steps up to place his order.

Barista: "Weren't you guys together?"

Balding/Bearded: "No. I've never seen that guy before. Never met him."

Barista: "And he bought you that CD?"

Balding/Bearded: "Yeah, I guess it was just a random act of kindness."

Barista: "Huh."

I prefer to think of it as a random act of Streisandness.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have asked for a refund for it once the chubby man exited the place. Or I would have given it to the barista in another act of kindness. : )

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Streisand and a Gibb? Don't you know a gay pickup attempt when you witness one?

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a total gay pick-up attempt for sure. Too bad the guy had to buy the CD in order to see if the other guy was flattered by it.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has always pissed me off how Katie Couric can justify moving from the war in Iraq to this season's hottest shoe trends with merely "and now on a lighter note..."

Glad somebody else noticed

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very interesting how different people perceive situations. One person sees a random act of kindness while another observes an attempt to try and ass fuck someone.

Re. Katie Couric, I do not care for her style, but in her defense, I seriously doubt she is responsible for the programming.

Free Skoal and beer anyone? Anyone?

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet balding/bearded isn't gay...but I bet chubby is. I also think chubby wants balding dreaming of a steamy Valentine date with the cute guy from the Starbucks.

Nothing random about this. ;o)

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home